Fear shouldn’t stop you from following your dreams.

By: Sydney Torrente, Reporter

Expressing yourself while being shy isn’t always easy, it takes a lot of nerve to stand up in front of a crowd and perform. Some people can do it with no problem, while it takes others that little extra push to reveal their inner talents.

Singer-songwriter Shae Mangalindan grew up in Aurora. She describes herself as funny and quite shy, but that won’t stop her from publishing her music

or singing at gatherings. Shae has been musical since a young age and began playing the guitar at the age of ten. Two years later she realized she wanted to be a famous singer when she grew up.

With the nickname “Shae Shae,” Mangalindan can be seen around school usually sporting yoga pants, an Under Armour sweatshirt and Nike Roshes.

She likes  guitar and food. She dislikes gossip,  anyone talking behind her back, and ghosts.

“I’m really paranoid, I feel like I have ghosts in my house, so I’m afraid of the Supernatural,” Mangalindan said.

Shae has been musical since a young age and began playing the guitar at the age of ten. Two years later she realized she wanted to be a famous singer when she grew up.

“I want to go to college for physical therapy, but I want to try and get famous off the internet, I’ve been singing since I was really little, but I discovered I wanted to do it as a career when I was twelve,” Mangalindan said.

While most high school students struggle to find a balance between school and their personal lives, Mangalindan manages to fit songwriting into her schedule of school, guitar, and volleyball by writing anytime she’s alone in her room.

“I usually write when I’m in my bedroom, so basically whenever I have free time.” Mangalindan said.

Writer’s block can sometimes  be an issue for her, with several songs written and performed she doesn’t let it stop her.

“I hold it off, because it never usually ends up being a song that I like. It is easier for me to write poetry than write songs, so when I’m writing poetry I use it for my songs,” Mangalindan said.

Mangalindan posts her songs on a platform called Soundcloud.  It is an audio distribution platform that allows users to upload originally created content, such as written songs or instrumental pieces, with around 80 followers and over 6,000 views on all four original songs Shae’s parents and friends are quite proud and supportive of her.

“My parents tell me that they are proud of me almost every day, and they always encourage me to post more on Soundcloud,” Mangalindan said.

Mangalindan writes based on her feelings and emotions her original song “Letting Go” which was inspired by having to give someone up.

“You know how people have diaries? Well I like to sing,”Mangalindan said.