Look what Taylor made me listen to

Photo by Billboard.com

Photo by Billboard.com

Taylor Swift has produced many different types of songs throughout her career.  However, her most recent single called  “Look What You Made Me Do,” takes that to a whole new level.  I think that the new song puts her in a phase that I’m not a fan of.

Now I liked most of Swift’s old music. Her song “You Belong With Me” was one of the first songs I actually learned the words to.  I liked that song because it was catchy and sounded like a happy song. I do not get the same warm and fuzzy feeling towards, “Look What You Made Me Do.” That song gives me a dark and slightly uncomfortable vibe.  In the song, she picks up the phone and says: “I’m sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, ’cause she’s dead.” Honestly, I don’t have a clue what that means or, why she would say that. I thought her career and reputation were pretty good.

Her newest album is called Reputation.  What that tells me is that she may not want to be seen the way that she was. I know artists change throughout their career. However, that doesn’t always mean that they are good changes or that fans will like them. Look at Miley Cyrus, every little girl idolized her. But now she went so far off the deep end that, parents are trying to hide their children from her. Not to mention her change was to darker music as well. I just hope that it doesn’t backfire for Swift because watching someone change can be hard to watch.

I didn’t really understand the concept for this video either. It kind of reminds me of a cheap fan-made version of Michael Jackson’s Thriller when she came out of that grave. However, then it got stranger because the plot kept changing. She went from being in a bathtub with diamonds to being in a cage. And if that wasn’t enough then a bunch of different versions of her are climbing a hill then they die off.

This song is confusing and scares me for her upcoming music. However, one good thing it did have was a nice beat. I just wish that it sounded more like her and not like someone else.  I give this song two stars.

• Look what Taylor made me listen to

Music

Taylor Swift’s “Reputation” doesn’t disappoint

• Look what Taylor made me listen to

Music

Old in every way besides sound: LCD Soundsystem’s epic return

• Look what Taylor made me listen to

Music

Flower Boy brings new things to the hip hop world

• Look what Taylor made me listen to

Music

The perfect soundtrack for summer

• Look what Taylor made me listen to

Music

Lorde’s Melodrama album hits Hard Feelings

The student news site of Kaneland High School.
Look what Taylor made me listen to