To Go or Not to Go

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare comes to KHS

Photo By Sarah Kantola

The fall play is coming up fast and the cast is busy working until the big weekend, Nov. 17-19, to give viewers a show completely different than they’ve ever seen.

The comedy play is called The Complete Works of William Shakespeare and it was written by Adam Long, Daniel Singer and Jess Winfield. Tickets are free for KHS students that bring their ID’s, $5 for other students or kids and $10 for adults. This play includes all of Shakespeare’s plays but it’s a complete comedy according to Director Rachel Giles.

“The play is them (the students) trying to put on all 37 plays in 97 minutes,” Giles said.

Most students acting in the play have two to three roles scattered throughout the 37 plays and each play puts a modern twist on Shakespeare.

Some students may be afraid of Shakespearean language but the play has mostly modern day speech. One actress, sophomore Ainsley Kintz, thinks people’s expectations will be surpassed.

“This play is very relevant to modern-day and has inappropriate jokes that you don’t normally find in high school plays,” Kintz said.

Giles revealed that this play is unlike any other play ever performed at KHS.

“This show is more improv-based and has more audience interaction so actors need to figure out how to respond,” Giles said.

The show has many surprises but with those surprises come challenges as actor, junior, Leo Espinosa expressed.

“I am a narrator and it’s very different than past characters. The character is more serious, unlike past characters I’ve played. It’s a good challenge,” Espinosa said.

Students and adults alike can enjoy this play with all the surprises in store.