Kaneland’s offense ignites for a fourth quarter win

Photo By Sam Wolf

Dylan Vaca had 20 points and two four point plays.

By: Sam Wolf, Editor

The Knights outworked the Glenbard South Raiders in the last quarter for an 81 to 70 regional semifinal win. Sophomore Dylan Vaca scored 20 and had multiple crucial plays coming off the bench.

Kaneland started strong and were given momentum by an early missed dunk from junior, number four Tyler Scott.

The Knights took the lead by one at the end of the first quarter on a three point shot by Vaca, assisted by Drew David.  Kaneland kept the pressure on and was up two at half. Senior gaurd Chaun Rickette was the biggest threat, scoring a massive 24 points by the end of the third, this left the Knights down by two.

The game was neck and neck into the fourth quarter until sophomore Dylan Vaca hit his second four point play to give the Knights the lead and tons of energy.  During the last minutes the Knights were dominant, it looked like a whole different game.  Ryan David and John Pruett both finished multiple layups in the final minutes to ensure a win.

Throughout the game the Knights played solid defence and drew 5 offensive fouls, two from Tyler carlson and Drew David and one from Ryan David. Kanelands scoring was well rounded with four players scoring above 15 points, including high scorer Drew David with 22 points.

Kaneland plays Marmion at home for the regional championship on friday the seventh. They beat Marmion in the regular season.