Boys and girls fashion for the spring time

By: Mary Clausen, Reporter

Guys are hardly ever the hard ones to shop for. Usually they find a shirt, some pants, try it on and they’re set.

The “athletic” style has many different meanings. It could be anything from sweatpants, a Nike shirt and a pair of Nike Free Runs to jeans and a sporty jacket. These outfits can be pricy, but they can be found at a lower price. Most people go shopping at Dick’s Sporting Goods for the latest sports apparel. If a person wants to pay full price, then shop here.

Getting discounts is a big part of every shoppers choice. The Nike Outlet at Chicago Premium Outlets in Aurora gives many of the same apparel for a steal.

At a store like Dick’s or Sports Authority, one can find a pair of Nike cotton fit sweatpants for $43. At the Nike Outlet in Aurora people can find the same pair for $32. A Nike Dri-Fit shirt that can be found at Dick’s Sporting Goods is around $35. At the Nike Outlet it can be found for $20-25.

There are other stores at the outlet such as Under Armour, Adidas, Spyder and Puma.Chicago Premium Outlets offers great deals.

People have many different combinations when it comes to style. The “preppy” look is growing all around different schools.

Boys:

Throw on khakis, a belt, a nice long sleeved shirt and Sperrys to achieve the typical preppy look. Sperry shoes seem to have become more and more popular throughout the hallways over the last year and a half.

Sperrys can be purchased in stores like Famous Footwear or Payless. They range from prices of $80 all the way up to $150. Cheap prices are commonly found at store like the ones mentioned above.

Shoes from stores like Journeys and Zumiez at the Chicago Premium outlets usually run from $50 to $80. They don’t have a very wide selection of shoes, but offer the basics.

Many guys are seen wearing American Eagle. Their jeans are usually $50 or more, and the sweaters can range from $25.

Hollister is not seen as much as it once was, but still offers good deals. Many of t-shirts there run from prices of $10 to $15. Hollister jeans are $25 to $40 a pair.

There are many stores out there for guys to shop at in order to dress well for the spring, and

looking at the right stores can be helpful.

Girls:

Every season is followed by a change of clothes. Spring is just around the corner, bringing colors that illuminate and textures that embellish.

From vibrant colors, unique styles and combining distinctive features of fashion with culture, style is just another way to say who someone is without having to speak.

Magazines, newspapers and even someone walking down the halls can give a genuine idea of fashion.

Vogue, the American fashion and lifestyle magazine, says that people cannot forget Elvis Presley’s unique and iconic style. Changing the way people look at fashion, he had an outstanding personality that took a big place in his unique sense of style. Leather fringes became popular in the 60’s and are now revisited for the spring and summer of 2014.

“Spring will bring pastel colors such as mustard and navy blue. As for patterns, floral as well as stripes and polka dots. Style is more box fitted clothing, skater skirts, knee high socks and fringes. Some shoes for spring would be ankle booties, strappy heels and box heel shoes. The styles would vary between vintage, girly and grunge,” head of Fasion Club junior Alexis Logan said.

There are many “do’s” and “don’ts” when it comes to fashion.

“Girls, I’d stay away from leggings. Also bodycon skirts and dresses, being modest is key. Guys, the more casual look is awesome. Try a flannel, or button down shirt. It’s not too dressy or dressed down,” Logan said.

Not everyone has a keen sense of style; they may be in need for advice and tips.

Magazines such as Lucky, Nylon and Teen Vogue are good places to look for fashion tips and advice. Websites such as Style, Vogue and Mywardrobe are not only informing but also a place one can go to for online shopping.

“If someone ever needs advice, coming to one of the Fashion Club members is a very good idea. We have people within the club that look up styles and we are all very fashion forward and know what is and isn’t in,” sophomore Anna Feltes said.

Spring is just around the corner, a time for cleaning and a fresh new start. Going to the mall, borrowing friends’ clothes and even those hand-me-downs are all part of preparing for spring and the new fashion that falls behind it.

“Fashion Club is currently picking out new vibrant colors and patterns. We have started heming and are in the process of getting ready to show off our spring styles while walking down the halls,” sophomore Anu Kadampelil said.

If someone is in need of a serious wardrobe makeover, there are many shopping centers to visit such as Woodfield Mall, Geneva Commons and Fox Valley Mall.

As spring nears, fashion transistions as well. With a new season and new trends, brings even more inspiration.